Thursday, August 18, 2011

So much going on!

Wow, it seems like there is so much going on all at once!!!  As mentioned in the last blog post, we have officially moved into our new home.  The movers were suppose to show on a thursday but they were a no show... then we were told they would be there friday and they were a no show again!!  They finally arrived on Sunday to pack us and Monday they ended up loading and delivering.   The movers did not leave until 12:30 AM!!!!  It was a VERY long weekend and I am SO glad it is over!  Melissa and Brandon were very kind to drive up and accompany me as the movers did their thing!  Melissa and my mom then helped guide the movers through the house as they unloaded our things in Fort Smith!  We are so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends!!!  Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the move and unpacking (that still continues...).
This is our new mailbox Matt put up when he was here last.  I thought I should recognize his hard work:)

Matt is currently in Spokane Washington at SERE (survival, evasion, resistance, escape) training.  This week he is "out in the field" which means he is out surviving the wilderness with just a few items.  I wont get to speak to him until he gets back- hopefully in the next few days!!  Before he went "out in the field" he had expressed that he was learning a whole lot and excited to apply some of what he has learned already.  I know there is a lot that goes into this training that I will never know about which kind of makes me un-easy but I just have to remind myself that its a very crucial part to his training!!

Well it is BACK TO SCHOOL again!!  Monday I started back to a full work schedule again and I am already exhausted!!!  Back to school always feels like a holiday to me with the decorations, shopping, the stress, and outfits.  Its going to be a busy busy year with a very big caseload, but I am so excited to get started!!  Two of the schools I contract with received money for sensory rooms!!!   It is going to be a fun and productive year!! I will post pictures once we get the rooms put together because I am SO pumped up about them!!   Most of my kids will benefit greatly from these rooms

More news- one of my best friends got ENGAGED!!!!!  I am SOO happy for you Annie Saunders!  Annie graduated from OBU with me and she is a Speech Pathologist in Ruston, LA. I am just so happy for her!  Today I received a letter in the mail asking me to be a bridesmaid and my answer is YES!

Oh ya, and Im pregnant! :)

Yes, this is true!  It seems as though everyone is pregnant right now so I guess im joining the club!  I am officially 12 weeks and we are expecting the little addition to our family March 1! I dont have any belly shots to show but I do have our first ultra sound picture to share.  It was taken at 6 weeks and I got to hear its sweet little heartbeat that very day!!  I have been sick and tired but it does seem to be less and less lately! Sorry I dont have some super cute way to share the news but its been a busy few weeks with the move, matt leaving, and work that I am just plum out of cleverness!!  Once I get most of our things unpacked and a handle on my work load- I will share more about our little bundle of joy we are expecting!  Hope everyone is well!  

Sorry the picture isnt very clear.  I took it with my phone a while back and I have yet to find the original that is packed somewhere in our unpacked boxes.  Again, this was at 6 weeks so he/she is very very tiny! :P 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so happy for you! I can't wait to hear more as you progress :) Hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post and it wasn't cheesy at all! So glad the baby news in "official!" Love you!!!!! ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emilee! How exciting for you guys! Congratulations are certainly in order. Maybe you and your little one will share the same birthday! That will be a great time to deliver too. So happy for y'all! Can't wait to hear more updates!

    ReplyDelete