Sunday, March 6, 2011

Marching Right Along!

March has arrived!!! Now, I know I say this often but time is truly flying by! Matts assignment night is in three weeks and graduation in five weeks!! It seems like just yesterday that Matt and I had moved cheeto and all of our belongings to Enid, OK for the start of UPT and yet here we are awaiting the end of it! So many mixed feelings right now- excitement, overwhelmed, nervous, happy, thoughtful, and sad (to leave our new friends). But most of all we are excited!! :)

Nothing too exciting has happened since the last blog post. Matt has been EXTREMELY busy with flying- double turning most days! He spent last weekend golfing and preparing for all of his flights. I did not spend last weekend in Enid with him because I had a training to attend in Little Rock- so I had a slumber party with Granmolly all weekend!! :) I also attended a tupperware party of one of my co-workers which was fun! I got these bright fun cups for some my kids who use thickeners in there beverages! I think they will really like them:)

Thursday, two of the schools I work at threw me surprise birthday parties! The kids had made me cards, got pizza, made cakes, and had games planned for me! I am so blessed to work with such wonderful people! I just love them all so much and I am so thankful for the kindness and love they show me everyday! Thursday night I made the drive to Enid to see Matt before he left for his cross country trip this weekend. When I arrived, I had a table full of boxes and cards for my birthday! It was a fun little birthday night with him and cheeto before his departure the next morning. Friday, March 4, was my actual birthday. With Matt gone- My friend Heather took me out to lunch and then I spent the rest of the day and night with her and Russ. I must admit- I was a little pessimistic about my upcoming birthday with Matt's absence but it ended up being a WONDERFUL birthday. Thank you to all my friends and family for making that so!

I had two things on my agenda for the weekend: eat ice cream and watch movies!! Here is a picture of me eating my ice cream (current food addiction) while watching movies with cheeto and the gift I received from Heather and Russ!!!

Matt's Parents got me a tea set!!! For a while now, I have been on the look out for one to use with a patient. Matts mom found one and I cant wait to use it!!

My parents got me a new lens for my camera!! Mom and John gave me a really nice camera for my highschool graduation, which has really helped with me with all of my art projects. I got the additional large lens and a flash as past christmas gift (the large lens captured those wonderful pics of Sabrina playing softball in the June blogposts). I have always enjoyed using my camera over the years; however I haven't used it much in the past year and a half because my standard lens has been broken. It has made me sick that I haven't been able to use it but I never could convince myself to spend money on a new one when we had other things we needed more. So it has been a true blessing to have received this gift and FINALLY get to use my camera as I have wanted!! So THANK YOU mom and John for this gift and always encouraging my artistic hobby's that make me sane:) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and Cheeto has offically gone into hiding because of it:)

These are all the great cards and fun gifts I received from everyone!! Thank you all for your kindness!!

A few weeks ago, I finally put together a wedding album using our Mac computers (another love of mine!!!)! It came in the mail a week ago and I am so proud of how it turned out so I have to share a few photos of the outcome!!!! Drum roll please....
Front and back
A few of the pages
How do you like it?? I wish I hadnt waited so long to do this!! It was so easy to do!! I have a feeling I will be making more:)
Well I hope everyone has has a wonderful weekend! I will be spending the rest of the day cleaning, working, and waiting impatiently for Matts return!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts! So glad you had a great birthday weekend.

    See you in a few weeks. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the weekend plans.....watch movies and eat ice cream, my kind of weekend plans......!!

    Glad you liked the tea set......it is so cute and glad it will help you with your kids, you are a very special person and it takes one to do what you do with your kids!!

    Hang in there boy, you are doing so great and I am so very proud of you, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and now you can tell it is the end and not another train, ha ha!! Hang tough!!

    Em I need help on the Apple album stuff, I have one, MacBook Pro, how do I make one, ha ha, help!!

    We love you two very much......take care of each other and stay strong in these trying and stressful times!!

    ReplyDelete